Sunday 24 November 2013

The Kings Arms

As we told the children this morning about going out for food today, daughter enquired why so many pubs are called Kings Arms?

We had lovely Sunday lunch at The Kings Arms in Charlton Horethorne, Somerset. It had been on my list for quite while as it had been recommended to us, but with so many places to choose around here we only made it there today.

They were very busy but that did not affect the lovely attentive service we received. Children were catered for although our daughter chose her meal from the main menu anyway.

As it was very busy I did not want to take my phone out to take any photos. Both myself and my husband ordered chicken with hashbrowns, butternut squash in pancetta & marsala sauce. It did reserve to be photographed as the presentation had been given a lot of attention too. It was absolutely delicious and cooked to perfection. Children both enjoyed their meals but both had large portions and left some (mostly happens with our two, sometimes I wish children's portions were a bit smaller).

However as children do, they suddenly had room for desserts and they chose some locally produced ice creams. I chose to have coffee which came with petit fours. There was just no room for a dessert after the lovely meal I had had.

The pub was very spacious and decor was contemporary with lots of art work on the walls for sale. They have spacious outdoor space too with plenty of tables - I can imagine it been lovely on a summers evening to sit out for food & drinks. However, on a cold November Sunday it was cosy to sit in. Definitely a pub to return to. Fabulous food and brilliant service!

No comments:

Post a Comment